Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Latest Adventures!

Well, as most of you know we are living in DOWNTOWN L.A. where you never know what you're going to run in to. Each and everyday that we venture out of our apartment complex is an adventure! First, I would like to share my latest experiences with homeless people, because lets face it, you run in to homeless people every single day in downtown L.A.. Have you ever seen the old movie "Man of the house." with Jonathan Taylor Thomas where they do a rain dance?? Yes, a homeless man was standing on a corner with all of his belongings spread out in a circle surrounding him and he was doing what looked like a full blown rain dance mixed with a little booty shaking to absolutely no music except maybe the music in his head! This totally made my day! I was driving down the road when I saw this and I literally could not stop laughing! (With him, not at him!) :) My second adventure with a homeless person was just two days later as I ventured out to go to the grocery store. On my way back home as I was waiting in a REALLY long line at a stop light trying to turn left during traffic times (although lets face it, every time of day in downtown L.A. is traffic time). Anyway, while waiting in line I was watching the different people walk by on the side walk (for those of you that don't know, one of my favorite things to do is people watch.) I saw a homeless guy who was talking to himself as he kind of danced down the side walk which seems to be a pretty normal thing for homeless people to do as i've watched them day after day...well when he reached the corner, where there was an advertisement stand for the apartment complex that had helium filled balloons tied to it, he began stealing the balloons. At first I thought he was pretty smart because he was going to steal the balloons and then continue down the street where all the mexican villas are and he would try selling the balloons to the kids there and get money. But as he kept messing with the strings of the balloons I watched him a little more closely trying to figure out what he was doing. He continued talking and singing to himself as he proceeded to take off his wrist watch and tie it to the end of the balloons and then he spun around in a circle and let the balloons with his watch go! He then clapped his hands and jumped up and down a few time like a little kid as he watched his watch float away! This too completely made my day!! So I have to thank the homeless people out there for continuing to provide me with some great entertainment and making me laugh and remember to think about the little things in life to find happiness!

Conference weekend I took Brylie and drove to Las Vegas to spend some time with my dad and to introduce Brylie to her Great Grandparents. She was also introduced to the pups! These sweet pups were my full time babysitters anytime I put Brylie in her chair they wouldn't leave her side!! It was the cutest thing ever!

And as you can see they would also get slightly jealous whenever my dad would hold Brylie! We had a lot fun but it was hard not having Austin around, he had to stay in L.A. to study for finals.



Brylie is starting to smile, laugh, talk, and play with us a lot more! She is so much fun! We're still dealing with some digestive problems with her but she is growing and doing great! Here are some puctures for you to enjoy!

Every single BYU football game we get her dressed up in her BYU cheerleading outfit with a BYU onesie, BYU bib, BYU socks, and if it's ever cold and we go to a game she has a BYU hat! (OK, I know, I'm a little bit of a BYU fan!) Her parents, grandparents (on both sides) and great grandparents (on both sides) all bleed blue! :)
This is the crib set that my mom made for Brylie!
Brylie has been rolling on to her side ever since she was 2 weeks old! She just really doesn't like laying on her back.
The doctor said to have her sleep on her tummy whenever I am around to watch her to help with her digestive problems. We call her our little stink bug because the second you put her on her tummy to sleep she pulls her little legs up underneath her and she sticks her cute little bum up in the air!! It's so cute!
This is a picture from her very first Sunday at church! If you can't tell in these pictures, she has super curly hair!! We absolutely love it!
Her daddy was so proud to show her off at church to everyone!! He loves her SOO much!
This is Brylie in one of her many cute outfits that her Auntie Kenna bought for her! Thank heaven for Aunties that spoil her while daddy is in Law School!! We love you Mekenna!

We love you all and miss you all! Thanks for all your love and suppport!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yeay, keep it up with the pictures! (It's actually making Rob consider that he might like having kids someday!)

Greg and Bethanie said...

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful!!!!!! Thank you for posting all the pictures!!! I am so happy for you guys! We miss you and hope to maybe visit in the spring!!! I am pretty sure Brylie and Addy will be best friends. :)